The International Society for Coaching Psychology (ISCP) is an international professional membership body and learned society established to further the discipline and profession of coaching psychology. The precursor to the ISCP was the International Forum for Coaching Psychology which was set up after a meeting was convened at the 1st International Coaching Psychology Conference, held at City University, London, UK, on the 18th December 2006. This led to the launch of the Society for Coaching Psychology in April 2008. On 18 July, 2011, the Society was granted permission to change its name to the International Society for Coaching Psychology. The ISCP publishes Coaching Psychology International and runs an ISCP International Centre for Coaching Psychology Research which has specialist faculties and research hubs.
The ISCP has an accreditation process leading to ISCP Accredited Coaching Psychologist status. In addition it has developed an accreditation/certification process for ISCP Coaching Psychology Supervisors. Also it has recently launched professional registers in Business Psychology and Positive Psychology for accredited members.
International Accreditation and Certification
The ISCP has 2 pathways to accreditation.
- Stage One of the international accreditation/certification process is available to existing qualified psychologists who are full Members or Fellows of the Society. This is a grandparenting process.
- Stage Two is a portfolio system, offered to graduate Associate members of the Society (AssocMISCP), which enables them to progress towards becoming a full member of the Society by building up a portfolio of coaching psychology learning and competencies. They will then be able to work towards accredited membership status.
Please email membership (email@example.com) for application forms, clearly stating whether you wish to apply as a qualified psychologist for MISCP Accred status or as an Assoc MISCP via the portfolio system. Or alternatively click on the download links below under ‘Useful links’.
NB The application fees for Stage One and Two pathways have been kept to minimum.
(1) You need to be an ISCP member first before you can apply for accreditation.
(2) You need to wait 3 months after becoming a full ISCP member before you can apply for accreditation
(3) Please note that the ISCP only accepts applications by email.